A Quality Education
Brookwood Elementary has a strong tradition of academic excellence and student success. Our student test scores rank consistently among the top elementary schools in the state. Teachers, students, and parents, work hard to ensure that all our children are successful, self-reliant, curious, responsible, and prepared to meet their next challenge and level of learning. The Utah State Core Curriculum is carefully and systematically incorporated to develop and challenge the whole child-mind, body and character. Brookwood Elementary is a community of motivated learners and teachers working together, bringing the best global educational experiences, and opportunities to prepare life long learners.
Teaching and Learning
The make up of our faculty includes instructors with advanced degrees and extensive experience along with new teachers who provide fresh prespective and insights. Teachers are organized into grade equivalent teams where coupled efforts provide endless opportunities for individual growth.
Our PTA and parent volunteer involvement is second to none. Brookwood Elementary volunteers bring with them a wealth of information and experience to help sharpen and expand young minds. On site training enhances their donation of time and knowledge.
Brookwood provides a safe environment thus empowering the members of our school family to develop individual talents through balanced and comprehensive curricula in mathematics, reading spelling, English, composition, science, health, art, music, physical education, social studies and technological competencies.
The mission of Brookwood Elementary School, where excellence and community involvements are traditions, is to prepare highly educated, creative, self-reliant students, by providing, a relevant, innovative education through the combined efforts of motivated students, a dedicated and caring staff, involved parents, and the effective use of community resources.
B – Believe in yourself
E – Excel academically
A – Achieve your personal best
R – Respect everyone
S – Show self-motivation
The staff of Brookwood Elementary has a vision of becoming a school where teachers and students want to be. We envision a school with high academic standards and behavioral expectations. Working together as a professional learning community, we see a school in which staff:
- Have a common purpose and clear goals
- Work together in collaborative teams; using the theory of working smarter, not harder
- Ensure the teacher assigned to each student does not determine his/her access to curriculum programs
- Are confident in the use of technology and give students access to technology
- Seek research based strategies for improving student achievement
- Monitor each student’s progress
- Enrich every student’s education through participation in the arts
- Provide a consistent and safe environment in which students have the right to learn
- Have the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life