Air Quality Awareness
While periods of poor air quality can feel overwhelming, we’re here to offer five simple things you can do to limit your impact and protect your health.
As we all know, whatever we put into the air during an inversion,
we’re stuck with. So every little bit helps!
SIMPLE STEPS HELP CLEAR THE AIR
- Drive Less. Carpool, bike, walk or just stay in when you can.
- Be idle free. Ten seconds of idling uses the same amount of fuel as stopping and restarting your vehicle. Save money and emissions!
- Take public transit. Enjoy a leisurely commute on UTA! Visit www.rideuta.com to plan your trip.
- Just say “no” to wood burning. Emission from heating a home with wood is equivalent to heating 90,000 homes with natural gas.
- Protect your health. Download the UtahAir app for iPhone and Android and stay up-to-date on current pollution levels.
For more details, visit the SLCgreen blog at http://wp.me/p3aQi4-kF
Kelso's Choice Conflict Management Skills program effectively teaches young children peace-making skills. It is a proven resource to increase confidence, reduce tattling and is a preliminary tool to prevent bullying.
The program is a powerful and timely tool to build a vital life skill for the young people in today's world. The program philosophy is simple: each child is smart enough and strong enough to resolve conflict.
Unlike some programs which tout peer mediators who are trained to intervene as conflict managers,Kelso's Choice assumes that all young people are capable of becoming peacemakers. Developed in 1992 and revised in 2007, it is a results driven comprehensive tool used successfully around the world.