If your child is ill and you are keeping him/her home, please call the school at: 801-826-7913 before 9:00 am. Students should arrive as close to 8:55 a.m. as possible. The teachers use the time before and after school for preparation. Students will be outside until 8:55 am. Adult supervision does not begin until 8:40 am. Please do not bring your child to school any earlier than this.
Checking in and Checking out
Students are not allowed to leave the school grounds during school hours except with a parent or an adult designated as an emergency contact. Please check your student out of school by sending a note to the teacher and then, at the agreed time, coming to the office to get the child. All students must be checked in or out through the office.
Educational Leave / Family Vacation
- A student may be counted present up to 10 days maximum for Travel/Vacation in any one year.
- Parent/Guardian must make homework arrangements with the teacher at least one week prior to the absence.
- The student will receive a comparable number of days to complete homework in order for absences to be considered excused. Example: If a student is absent five days, homework will be due 5 days after the end of the vacation.
- Students who take educational leave will be disqualified from receiving awards associated with attendance (100% attendance awards, etc.).
- Parent must use the Student Request for Educational Leave form if the absense includes 3 or more school days. This form is available in the office.
To ensure our children’s safety, all visitors must report to the office. If you are going beyond the office, you will be asked to wear a visitor pass. This is for the safety of our students. If you have school-aged family or friends visiting, they are not permitted to attend school with your child.
We welcome volunteers to our school and find them essential to our success! Before you begin to volunteer, please complete the volunteer application on the Canyons district website. All volunteers need to be approved through this website before volunteering (https://foundation.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php/volunteer). Once you are approved, you can sign in at the office and record your hours. Please apply online at least 72 hours in advance of your volunteer time. Those individuals who have not been screened will have to wait for screening before they will be able to volunteer.No children (babies or toddlers included) are allowed in the teacher workroom or in the classroom if you are working with students. It is very distracting for the class when other children are in the classroom. We are unable to accommodate anyone other than adult volunteers on field trips. The volunteer database is cleared by district every year and all applicants need to reapply during the online registration process. Please wait to submit your application as part of online registration so that you are not mistakenly cleared from the volunteer system.