Brookwood School Community Council Agenda
Friday February 21, 2020
Parents: Abby Pohlman, Amy Jones, Misa Sorenson, Kim Wedlick and Katie Park, Illy Marinez (PTA Representative)
Faculty/Staff: Principal Corrie Barrett, Monica Rotermund
Parents: Lance Soffe
Faculty/Staff: Marsha Wallin
Nancy Tingey, School Board Member; Shauna Cooper, Building Leadership Team Faculty Member
Meeting was called to order at 7:50
- Welcome – Abby Pohlman
- Review/approval of January minutes – Abby Pohlman
– Motion to approve Abby, Seconded by Corrie, all approve
- Art-A-Palooza – Abby Pohlman
– On track for March 5th event.
– New this year: punch cards sold at SEP night; drink station run by PTA
- SCC finances update – Corrie Barrett
a. SCC will finalize 2020-2021 Landtrust and TSSA plans at March meeting.
b. Landtrust funds:
– on track to spend funds as budgeted.
– Next year, plan to continue push-in intervention for ELA as well as
continue to fund one math interventionist.
– on track to spend funds this year.
– Everyone is please with the full-time counselor position and with the plan to
continue providing intervention for a modified walk-to-math program.
– Building Leadership Team is pleased with Walk-To-Math program
— Recommends shifting focus on Walt-To-Math program to focus more on
critical foundation skills to address skills gaps rather than on current material.
–This program is a pull-out model during Skill Based Instruction time. SCC
reviewed the master schedule to see how schedules are coordinated to not
overlap during this time.
d. Cell Tower Funds:
– On track
– Book Vending Machine will cost $4500 and will be added to the school store.
Motioned by Amy, seconded by Kim, all approved.
– Proposed 2019-2020 Budget amendment for $300 for Art Teacher for
additional art supplies.
e. School Fundraiser
– SCC proposes to at $200 to fundraising for Choir.
Motioned by Abby, seconded by Kim, all approved
- Input from PTA representatives – Illy Martinez
- Input from the community-
Nancy Tingey, School Board Member: encouraged parents to attend Town Hall regarding School Superintendent search
- Dates to remember – SCC Members
– March 27, 2020
– May 1, 2020
- Adjourn – Abby Pohlman
Motion by Abby to adjourn, seconded by Corrie
2019-2020 SCC Meetings
March 27, 2020
May 1, 2020