Friday, January 20, 2023
Brookwood’s Media Center
Parents: Megan Olson, Derek Matsumori, Beau Olsen, Tori Easton, and Katie Park
Faculty/Staff: Principal Corrie Barrett, Kathy Smith
Parents: Haley Waters and Amy Jones
Faculty/Staff: Caroline Butters
Attendees Present: N/A
Megan – Welcome Called meeting to order at 7:45
- Review/Approval of October minutes – Megan Olson motioned to approve. Kathy 2nd. All in favor.
- Discussed Community Event vs PTC Event
- Reviewed Assignments & Participation
- Review of Safe Routes Utah
- Considered a Right Turn only out of the Brookwood Parking Lot.
- Talked about changes that would occur if this change was instituted.
- Megan proposed a study done on this change via the city/district. Derek, Megan, Katie, Kathy, Corrie, and Beau were all in favor. Tori Easton was the dissenting vote.
- Corrie presented Current Budget for LAND Trust and gave a timeline for creating new 2023-24 TSSP, LAND Trust Goals and Action Plan.
- Cell Tower
- Corrie presented a time-line for the removal of the cell tower that is located in the front of the school.
- Tower will be removed over spring break, if that is not possible, the tower will be removed over summer break.
- Attendance Goal of 65% of students attending at least 95% of the trimester was not met in 1st trimester of school (51%)
- Current 2nd trimester attendance data is favorable in terms of goal.
- Discussed action plan to continue to meet the attendance goals of school.
- Megan motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:35. Derek 2nd. All in favor.