Friday, October 7, 2022
Brookwood’s Media Center
Parents: Amy Jones, Megan Olson, Tori Easton, Hadley Waters and Katie Park
Faculty/Staff: Principal Corrie Barrett, Caroline Butters, Kathy Smith
Parents: Beau Olsen, Derek Matsumori
Attendees Present: Erika Hanks
Megan- Welcome Called meeting to order at 7:50
- Review of September minutes – Megan motioned to approve. Kathy 2nd. All in favor.
- Digital Citizenship Plan was reviewed by Corrie and approved unanimously.
- Filtering Information.
- Management Systems.
- Supervision by school staff.
- Student & Parent education.
- Review of School Safety Plan was given by Corrie and approved unanimously.
- Canyons District Safety Plan was reviewed.
- SafeUT app was discussed.
- Watched a video on Canyons new safety protocol – Run, Hide, Fight.
- Went over Brookwood Safety Plan.
- Discussed safety concerns at Brookwood- the short wall in front of the kindergarten playground is Brookwood’s number 1 safety concern. Corrie will submit our concern online and make a request to improve the safety of the wall.
- Assessment Data/Goal Review
- Went over reading goals for school.
- Reviewed math goals for school.
- Discussed action plan to meet the academic goals of school.
- Voted to approve using $2000 on new Hyrdroponics program. Megan motioned to approve, Katie 2nd. All in favor.
Megan motioned to adjourn the meeting at 9:00. Amy 2nd. All in favor